SLAB’s Mission: To advocate for equal rights and opportunities for blind and low vision persons and to facilitate their empowerment to achieve independence and social inclusion.
SLAB’s Core Values: Unity of purpose, commitment to the common cause, collaboration and partnership, transparency and accountability, youth and gender equity.
WHAT WE DO
We are focused on uplifting the status of people who are blind or partially sighted through:
- income generation and skills development;
- advocacy and blindness / disability awareness raising;
- governance and membership development;
- computer training for blind civil society leaders and professionals;
- community based rehabilitation;
- adult literacy & mentoring.
SLAB has a National General Assembly, a National Executive Board, Youth & Women’s Committees, and District Chiefdom Assemblies (which ensure grassroots inclusion and participation) .